NEVADA MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
√ IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to COVID 19.
Call (775) 337-1555 for current information including hours of operation and restrictions.
HELPFUL MARRIAGE LICENSE INFO
To be married in Nevada, you must have a marriage license issued in the State of Nevada. The Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel can perform a wedding ceremony using a license issued in any county within the State of Nevada. The Marriage Bureau in Reno is open daily from 8am until 8pm and on holidays from 8am until 4pm by appointment only.
The Marriage Bureau charges $85 for the license and accepts cash, money orders, traveler’s checks or credit cards (small fee applies). In Nevada, to be legally married, a marriage ceremony must be performed by a person authorized to perform a marriage in the State of Nevada.
Marriage License Requirements:
Two people (same sex marriages are legal), at least 18 years of age, not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of the half blood, and not having a husband or wife living, may be joined in marriage. Both parties must appear at the Marriage License Bureau.
Each applicant must provide proof of the applicant’s name and age. The Marriage License must contain the name of each applicant as shown in the documents presented to prove name and age.
The following original documents containing the applicant’s photo are acceptable. The photo must be a sufficiently recent, clear likeness of the applicant.
- Driver’s License
- Driver’s Instruction Permit
- ID Card issued by U.S. state or territory
- Foreign government issued ID Card, including Driver’s License (must include birth date)
- Matricula Consular Card
- Military ID Card issued by branch of U.S. Armed Forces
- Military Dependent ID Card issued by branch of U.S. Armed Forces
- Certificate of Citizenship issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Permanent Resident Card issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Voter Identification Card (must contain birth date)
Or a possible combination of the following (Based on Washoe County Clerk’s sole discretion):
An original or certified Birth Certificate AND
- Any secondary document that contains the name and photograph of the applicant, or
- Any document for which identification must be verified as a condition of receipt of the document, such as:
- Gaming Card
- Sheriff’s Work Card
- Social Security Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Bank-issued Debit Card
- Employee ID Card/Badge
- Membership Card from establishments requiring ID for membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.)
Foreign birth certificates must be translated into English. The translation must state that it is a true and correct translation of the birth certificate. The translation must also state that the translator is a qualified translator and include the printed name of the translator. The document must be signed and notarized.
Other ID may be acceptable. Please call for more information.
Social Security Number:
If you have a social security number, you are required to provide the number. There is NO requirement that you have a social security number to get a marriage license.
Divorce or annulment: You do not need to bring your divorce papers. However, if you have been divorced or your previous marriage has been annulled, the divorce or annulment must be final in the state where granted. You must know the year of the divorce or annulment and where the papers were filed.
Under 18 years old:
- A new law became effect October 1, 2019 regarding the marriage of minors. AB139 was passed by the Nevada Legislature and signed by Governor Sisolak. The new law prevents anyone under 18 from getting married in Nevada. The sole exception is for 17 year old minors living in Nevada who are marrying another person who lives in Nevada. A court order and parental consent are both required to obtain the marriage license.
- To inquire about the process to obtain a court order, you may contact the Second Judicial District Court by phone at (775) 328-3110 or in person at 75 Court Street, Reno, Nevada 89501.
Minors from another state will NO longer be permitted to obtain a marriage license or be married in Nevada, and no one (even a Nevada resident) under 17 will be able to get married in Nevada
CALL US TODAY!
PHONE: (775) 337-1555
TOLL FREE: (866) 337-1555
Wedding Flowers available for all services! Check out our special Package Deals!
Look your best for the big day! Arch of Reno offers tuxedo rentals at very reasonable prices.
Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel offers wedding bands in many styles and varieties.
Thank you to all of you at The Arch Of Reno, you made our special day complete. We weren’t looking to have a big wedding, and you provided us with the perfect place. Jack was an awesome minister and I appreciated all of his own experiences on marriage. He made us feel as if we had known him for years. Thank you Again.. See you in 56 Years, Jack. Thanks!
Hi, I would just like to say me and my wife Anna got married at the Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel and it was the best thing ever. We loved the minister, he was very good.
Arch of Reno
119 North Virginia St. Reno, NV 89501
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Sun - Fri: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sat: 8:30 am – 9:00 pm
*After 9 pm by appointment only. After-hours charges and a deposit may apply.